HP offers a fairly common one-year warranty on its products. … PCs, Laptops, Chromebooks and Tablets: 1-year standard global limited warranty. Standard Warranty Coverage. With the standard one-year limited warranty, you will be covered for repair or replacement of parts deemed defective.
Does HP have a warranty?
To the extent permitted by local law, HP guarantees that it will repair, replace, or refund, at HP’s option, an HP Hardware Product that manifests a defect in materials or workmanship during the Limited Warranty Period, if you, the end-user customer, provides HP with notice of a defect in your HP Hardware Product …
Does HP have free warranty?
HP warrants that the HP Hardware Products that you have purchased or leased from HP are free from defects in materials or workmanship under normal use during the Limited Warranty Period. … During the Limited Warranty Period, HP will, at its discretion, repair or replace any defective component.
How do I claim warranty on my HP laptop?
Here is how to do it:
- Open HP’s Contact Page.
- Tap Go under Contact Support.
- Select the Virtual Agent option.
- Choose Warranty or Repairs.
- Select the topic you need help with.
- Provide the details about your issue and select the warranty service option.
What does an HP warranty cover?
With the standard one-year limited warranty, you will be covered for repair or replacement of parts deemed defective. The warranty does not cover accidents, abuse or use of an HP product outside of the standard-use instructions included with the product.
How do I activate HP warranty?
Step-by-step registration and activation of your HP Care Pack Service
- Online – Click here to start registration.
- By phone – Call 1-844-385-2353, option 1,2.
- By email – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will HP replace my laptop?
Always demand next day delivery, HP sends out replacement laptops only after receiving the defective piece from you, so, even with the over-night courier, the whole process may take 3-4 days before you get replacement computer.
How do I send in my HP laptop for repair?
How to Return a Laptop to HP for Repairs
- Contact HP customer service by calling them at 800-474-6836 if you are a home user and 800-334-5144 if you are a business customer. …
- Discuss the problem you are having with the HP laptop with the tech support agent that assists you.
How do I know if my HP computer is still under warranty?
Use the HP Product Warranty Check website
- Find the serial number for your HP computer. …
- In a browser, go to Product Warranty Check.
- From the dropdown menu, select the Country/Region the computer was purchased in, type your serial number, and then select Check Warranty.
Does HP warranty covers hard drive failure?
The HP Standard Limited Warranty does not cover hard drive or memory damage that is not the direct result of a manufacturing defect or failure. Review the list and examples of hard drive or memory damage not covered by the warranty.
Does HP replace laptops in warranty?
HP will, at its discretion, repair or replace any component or hardware product that manifests a defect in materials or workmanship during the Limited Warranty Period. … This is your exclusive remedy for defective products.
How old is my HP laptop by serial number?
Look for the year of manufacture amongst the various letters and numbers. Most HP serials begin with letters, have several numbers in the middle, and end with another group of letters. The year of manufacture will appear in the middle of the number as four consecutive digits.
How can I service my HP laptop at home?
Call 866-234-1377 or click below to purchase your HP House Call Service today.